Carousel images not (always) loading

May 07, 2024

Did something recently change in carousels (both image and quote carousels) that prevent the image from properly fully loading. It seems like there might be something that prevents the image from pre-loading, which means the image tries to load only when the carousel page is visible. This affects the editor and Review.

There is now a noticeable delay (1-2 seconds) between clicking the arrow to show the next slide and the image actually appearing. The user is also unable to navigate away from a page that isn't fully loaded.

Is this just me, or have you noticed the same thing?

Example: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/8e72176c-9258-4ffe-bc8c-8498df86d227/review

10 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Tim,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this behavior. 

I tested the carousel block in a new Rise 360 course and the images loaded just fine. Here's a recording of my test results. Can you replicate the behavior in a new Rise 360 course using a different set of images?

If the issue is specific to the images in your recording, would you mind sharing copies here so I can use them in my tests? If all images are loading slowly for you, please open a case with our support team here so we can look at what's causing the issue.

Carolyn Fender

I am having the same issue as well. The images are not always loading and you have to click on the screen to get the image to appear as the image does not always show up after a delay. I thought it was just a glitch with the software but it is also happening after I load the course to my LMS system. 

kathy kikkert

Yes, it is. And I will not be able to finish my project using Rise if this is not fixed soon.

--------
Kathy Kikkert
Consultant and
KP Learn Administrator

Kaiser Permanente
National Facilities Design and Construction
Learning and Development

(510) 220-8778 (mobile)

FDC-Learning & Development (kp.org)

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them. v.173.295 Thank you.

kathy kikkert

It is still not loading pictures in the carousel. Please fix.

--------
Kathy Kikkert
Consultant and
KP Learn Administrator

Kaiser Permanente
National Facilities Design and Construction
Learning and Development

(510) 220-8778 (mobile)

FDC-Learning & Development (kp.org)

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them. v.173.295 Thank you.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Kathy, 

I'd like to test your course to see if I can isolate what's preventing the carousel block from loading correctly for you. Would you mind sending me a copy of your Rise 360 course privately for testing? Here's how:

1) Go to your Rise 360 dashboard: https://rise.articulate.com

2) Hover over your course and click the ellipsis (…) that appears, then select "Send a copy."

3) When the email form appears, enter support@articulate.com in the email address field, then copy and paste this text into the message field:

For Jose Tansengco
From kathy.x.kikkert@kp.org
Case 00853613

4) Click Send.

When you share the file, I'll receive a notification. I'll review your course and get back to you as quickly as possible. And I'll delete our copy of your course when we're done troubleshooting the issue.