Question about google analytics

Nov 30, 2022

I have a question about Rise courses and google analytics please.

We create courses in Rise and then export a web package that gets uploaded to our website. We don't use an LMS.

We noticed that we've been getting inconsistent (or zero) data back from Google Analytics for the Rise courses. An external developer we are working with has pulled the site apart and confirmed that the course modules are configured incorrectly - or not at all. Their advice was this:

I have been looking into Google Analytics for the courses - and they are not setup correctly. The index.html inside each of the course Zips should contain a code (which they have provided us).

The bit of code needs to be added to a file in the zip file ("index.html") and then everything needs to be zipped back up again. With this code added to the bottom of the page, before the closing </body> tag it should start sending information through to Google Analytics within the Course Module tab.

Obviously adding this code into every course is very time consuming. Is there something we have missed or can you let me know how we can include this code in the exported web package?

This is not my area of expertise so hoping there is a simple solution!

28 Replies
Mark Archer

It sounds like you're encountering a common integration issue between Rise courses and Google Analytics. Manually editing each course's index.html file to include the tracking code is indeed time-consuming. A potential solution could be to automate this process with a script that inserts the tracking code into the index.html file of each exported course package before re-zipping. This approach could save time and ensure consistency across all your courses.

Seeking a tool that seamlessly marries app analytics with marketing insights, I found my answer in AppMetrica. Its user-friendly interface was a breath of fresh air, enabling me to glide through the analytics with ease, even as a tech novice.

The relief was palpable when I discovered AppMetrica's no-code features for easy integration. Gone were the days of poring over tedious technical documentation or needing a developer on speed dial. This simplicity didn't come at the expense of flexibility; AppMetrica allowed me to mold my analytics to fit my unique needs without being boxed in by rigid data structures.