Change target of question review next button

Nov 09, 2016

Hi

Apologies if this is a repeated questions but I search and couldn't find anything that answered this.

I have a question slide, followed by a review slide and then further content.

The correct continue button will jump past the review.

The incorrect button straight to the review slide, which I don't want to appear so I've changed the Review result trigger to be at the start of timeline instead of click.

When it jumps back to my question it adds next and prev buttons, which just navigate back to the review slide (and due to the trigger back to the question).

Is there a way I can get the next button to target a different slide?

Thanks

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi James!  It sounds like you're working with Storyline 2 (forum here).  We just launched Articulate 360 yesterday, and you've found your way to the Articulate Review forum.  No big deal, I just wanted to give you a heads up!  We've got a lot of new navigating to learn, ourselves.  :D

So, it sounds like you are branching your learners from the question slide either to a "review" slide or a "content" slide, depending on whether they answer correctly.  You mentioned the "review results" trigger- is the navigation issue happening after the learner lands on the Results slide and then goes back to review his answers?

If you're able, I'd love to see your work so far so we can identify what's going on.  You can attach your .story here using the Add Attachment button.

Crystal Horn

I see.  Ok, the Previous and Next buttons are automatically added to enable navigation through the quiz questions.  And of course, in the slide-building phase, there seems to be no way to add a trigger to properly direct the Next button since the Next button isn't on the player.

Community members have come up with a workaround for getting those Next buttons that appear on review to point to where you want.  Give these steps a shot to "outsmart" the trigger setup.

In that example, she's trying to skip content slides between quiz questions.  But at the end of the day, you need the Next button to point where you want, so try applying this method!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.